niccolove created this revision.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
niccolove requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I tweaked the contrast effect values to make Breeze a bit prettier (also
similiarly to what's described here
https://notmart.org/blog/2013/11/plasma2-all-about-elegance/). I changed
transparency from .6 to .8 (dialog) and .88 (panel) to adapt to those changes.
To improve legibility, I changed the background from ColorScheme-Background to
ColorScheme-ViewBackground (otherwise it was a bit too gray-ish).
  The panel transparency is a bit higher as a workaround of the
bottom-white-area on blur bug.
  Please see the screenshots to better understand the general picture:

TEST PLAN
  Just a sec, I'm working on adding the screenshots - I'll add Plasma and VDG
as subscribers as soon as I finished this.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  contrast_effect_background_color (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/desktoptheme/breeze/metadata.desktop.cmake
  src/desktoptheme/breeze/translucent/dialogs/background.svg
  src/desktoptheme/breeze/translucent/widgets/panel-background.svg
  src/desktoptheme/breeze/translucent/widgets/tooltip.svg

To: niccolove
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, GB_2, michaelh, ngraham, bruns