ahmadsamir marked an inline comment as done.
ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D27097#615648 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27097#615648>, @dfaure wrote:

  > OK for deprecating Incremental. A full revert (at KF6 time) of commit
9ac82e27ad0322e444c16
<https://phabricator.kde.org/R446:9ac82e27ad0322e444c1669e2d57332b58a70982>
looks tricky though :-)
  >  I searched the git history, and I can't see where we ever used
FindIncremental... [I searched kdelibs, since I'm pretty sure this was added
for KHTML]

  It's got to be removed at KF6; since it's not actually used, it'll make the
code simpler, I think (partial/incremental matching is usually a complex pain).

  > You say that nothing calls find(QRegExp), that's because the find dialog
just sets the option RegularExpression, right?
  >  This makes sense actually. I don't see why we have this API. The user uses
the dialog and checks a box...

  Yeah, I meant explicitly call Kfind::find() that takes a QRegExp.

  > It sounds like we should just deprecate find(QRegExp) and point to the
RegularExpression option.
  >  (and make it private, as you said, i.e. move to private class)

  OK, will do.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kfinddialog.cpp:567
> I doubt end users want to open Qt API documentation...

One alternative is https://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html :)

I could opt for:
"Invalid PCRE (Perl-compatible regular expressions) pattern syntax" OR
"Invalid PCRE pattern syntax"

then one online search later, the user finds what PCRE is.

REPOSITORY
  R310 KTextWidgets

To: ahmadsamir, #frameworks, mlaurent, dfaure
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, GB_2, michaelh, ngraham, bruns