mludwig added a comment.

  In D26342#619785 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26342#619785>, @aacid wrote:

  > without having used Sonnet much, this seems the wrong API to me.
  >
  > Are you saying that it can happen that you tell Sonnet "use this language"
and it goes and say "nah i'll ignore you and do my thing".

  Yep, that's right, and it won't even tell you which language it has detected.
When the autodetection feature was introduced, it fundamentally changed the
behaviour of Sonnet, breaking KatePart's spell checking in the process.

  > It seems to me that what would make sense is that the "use this language"
is what sets autoDetectLanguageDisabled to false, or at least the function that
should get a new overload saying setLanguage(¿qstring? language, bool
disableAutoDetection) if we want to be sure not to change existing behaviour

  Ideally, the autodetection feature should be redesigned as it is only usable
for simple text fields in its current form. KatePart requires a more
sophisticated way of detecting languages(s).

REPOSITORY
  R246 Sonnet

To: sdepiets, #frameworks, cullmann, mlaurent, mludwig
Cc: aacid, mludwig, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, GB_2, michaelh,