davidhurka added a comment.

  I have to take some short notes here.

  I have written a .sed script which we can use to convert icons/ files to
icons-dark/ files. It does the same substitutions as my perl script above, but
matches only in the stylesheet. That means, fixed colors will not be changed.
That should fix things like this: F8199106: devices_64_network-rj45-female.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199106>

  The script must be called with the -E option, because it uses new POSIX
regexes.

    $ sed -E -f swap_colors.sed -i file/to-change.svg

  F8200468: swap_colors.sed <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8200468>
  Of course you may give it a better name.

  Open questions are:

  - The icons in applets/ use #314045 as ColorScheme-ViewBackground, altough
Icon_Workflow_Tips defines #232629. I think it should really be #232629,
because that is the color which is actually used by the Breeze Dark theme.
swap_colors.sed substitutes to #232629. The following picture illustrates what
that means: (Auto-generated left, original right) F8200470: montage.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F8200470> I think we can do it how swap_colors.sed
does it now, and get rid of icons-dark/applets/.
  - Icon_Workflow_Tips defines #232629 for ColorScheme-Text, but many icons
have #4d4d4d as ColorScheme-Text, for example those in icons/applets/, but also
some in icons-dark/actions/. The latter is a mistake which will be fixed by
auto-generating. The former is currently respected by swap_colors.sed, and
auto-generated icons correspond to those in icons-dark. (I think the icons
should actually use #232629, but than can be fixed independently.)

  Next steps:

  - Run the compare-dark-light.pl again with the new swap_colors.sed script, to
be sure it does color swapping fine now.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12855

To: davidhurka
Cc: ngraham, kde-frameworks-devel, davidhurka, dmenig, manueljlin, Orage,
LeGast00n, cblack, konkinartem, ian, jguidon, Ghost6, jraleigh, fbampaloukas,
squeakypancakes, alexde, IohannesPetros, GB_2, trickyricky26, michaelh, crozbo,
ndavis, firef, bruns, skadinna, aaronhoneycutt, mbohlender