meven marked an inline comment as done.
meven added a comment.

  In D28590#642133 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28590#642133>, @bruns wrote:

  > Btw, label() is a bad name, it can be confused with the filesystem label to
easily. Maybe shortName().

  I meant to reuse this name on purpose as it serves the same use.
  I would favor `displayName()` as it is reminiscent somewhat of
Qt::DisplayRole and clearer than `name`.
  `shortName` implies there is another longer name somewhere, describing what
it contains rather than what use case it fulfills.

  In D28590#642130 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28590#642130>, @bruns wrote:

  > I think it would be better to not change behaviour for any backend, but
just default label() to description() everywhere.

  So you mean I should split commit the label/displayName() addition and the
fstabdevice change ?
  I was keeping label() as an alias to description() everywhere expect in
RootDevice, and FstabDevice.

  I didn't know how to avoid defining label() everywhere because of the way the
Solid interface is made.

  > Then in the next step, adjust description() and label() for each backend,
shorten label where possible, and extend description() so it becomes more
informative.

  Agreed but so in a subsequent diff(s), as it will change the meaning of
description, which essentially will be a behavior change, potentially breaking
UIs,
  We will need to look for the usage of all description and decide whether it
should use the new function instead of description.

INLINE COMMENTS

> bruns wrote in fstabdevice.cpp:146
> filePath in most cases does not depend on isAccessible ... it would be
> annoying if the label changed everytime the device is mounted.

Indeed thanks for pointing it out.

> bruns wrote in udisksdevice.cpp:234
> This would be the correct value only for label() now, no longer for the
> description (which should be more verbose).

Can it be missing ? And what should be it then ?
I don't have an answer to this.
In the meantime I meant to keep label() as description() as a first step.

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

To: meven, #frameworks, bruns, sitter
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, GB_2, michaelh, ngraham, bruns