mgallien added a comment.

  In D28980#652256 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28980#652256>, @bruns wrote:

  > In D28980#652102 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28980#652102>, @mgallien
wrote:

  > > To be clear, I am fine with this change going in.
  > >
  > > I would still like to work on a proper solution to allow an application
to monitor moved files or similar stuff without having to add file system
watchers itself (duplicate from Baloo owns watchers).

  > > Do you have an idea ?
  >

  > Elisa would need to register something like a "persistent query". This is
something also dolphin needs - there definitely already is some notification
between dolphin/baloo, but that is not working properly.

  > This could be something like "Audio files in ~/Music/", "Audio files in
~/Audio books/", etc., and you get a signal whenever the query would return a
different result.

  That solution would be perfect and rely on working code inside Elisa.

  Do you plan to work on it or should I start working on that ? That could take
several weeks to be done.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo

BRANCH
  config_rework

To: bruns, #baloo, mgallien, ngraham
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, hurikhan77, lots0logs, LeGast00n, cblack,
fbampaloukas, domson, ashaposhnikov, michaelh, astippich, spoorun, ngraham,
bruns, abrahams