meven added a comment.

  In D29397#672557 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29397#672557>,
@elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > Would it make sense to initialize `devicePixelRatio` to
`QGuiApplication::devicePixelRatio()` and add an API to change it (if desired) ?

  It would make KPreviewJob casting a `QCoreApplication::instance` to
`QGuiApplication::devicePixelRatio` that would be tolerable.

  But this would make the feature opt-out : apps could get broken when their
previews double their size just when changing KF version.

  > This way we wouldn't need to call a static method in the `main` of every
client app (i.e. D29525 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29525> wouldn't be
needed).

  This is a single static call for the lifetime of the app, not that hard.
  This makes the feature opt-in, meaning the developer has tested it.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: meven, dfaure, broulik, #frameworks, ngraham
Cc: elvisangelaccio, kossebau, davidedmundson, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n,