bruns added a comment.

  In D17816#677453 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17816#677453>, @kdudka wrote:

  > I do not think we have to.  Please have a look at how attr_copy_fd() from
<attr/libattr.h> is implemented:
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/attr.git/tree/libattr/attr_copy_fd.c?id=a4187bec#n111
  This code is quite mature and it is used by cp(1) on GNU/Linux for instance.
I do not think that KDE users will appreciate some blindly coded fancy features
on top of that when the basic functionality gets totally broken as a result of
these experiments.  Please keep the code simple and reliable.

  Its not blindly coded. Please keep your arrogant comments to yourself.

  And obviously, there is something strange going on on your system -
flistxattr returns a list of keys, but fgetxattr then returns ENOTSUP?

To: arrowd, dfaure, chinmoyr, bruns, #frameworks, tmarshall, usta, cochise
Cc: kdudka, usta, scheirle, tmarshall, arrowd, cfeck, bruns, phidrho, dhaumann,
funkybomber, abika, pino, davidedmundson, ngraham, atha.kane, spoorun,
nicolasfella, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, michaelh