On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 9:00 AM Ben Cooksley <bcooks...@kde.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past few days substantial progress has been made in getting
> Windows builds running under Gitlab, to the point where some Frameworks are
> now successfully compiling.
>
> Unfortunately we've run into a little issue with breeze-icons as can be
> seen at https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/-/jobs/193039

Following investigation and some testing by Harald we've confirmed that
this is a CMake bug - with it being unable to handle symlinks on Windows
correctly.
For now I shall workaround the issue by disabling use of symlinks on
Windows in Git (git config --system core.symlinks false) however that is
not an ideal long term fix.

Do we have any contacts at CMake we can escalate this bug to?

As for why this didn't show up earlier - it seems our Windows builders for
Jenkins have symlinks disabled (indicating that either the feature was
still too experimental back then or that we did hit this back then and
worked around it then as well)

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben