On mardi 11 juillet 2023 10:13:16 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I thought I'd give an update on current overlapping files since our
> automated setup isn't running just now..

Update with current issues found while packaging:

- kio:
/etc/xdg/accept-languages.codes
/etc/xdg/kshorturifilterrc
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kiod5.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kioexecd.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kpasswdserver.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kssld5.service
/usr/share/kconf_update/filepicker.upd
/usr/share/knotifications6/proxyscout.notifyrc

- plasma-framework:
/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme

syntax-highlighting:
/usr/bin/kate-syntax-highlighter

- baloo (slightly less problematic, I don't think anyone would want two file
indexers running)
/etc/xdg/autostart/baloo_file.desktop
/usr/lib/systemd/user/kde-baloo.service

- kglobalaccel:
/usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/kf5_org.kde.KGlobalAccel.xml
/usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/kf5_org.kde.kglobalaccel.Component.xml

- kwallet:
/usr/bin/kwallet-query
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kwalletd5.service
/usr/share/man/man1/kwallet-query.1.gz

kguiaddons:
/usr/bin/kde-geo-uri-handler
/usr/share/applications/google-maps-geo-handler.desktop
/usr/share/applications/openstreetmap-geo-handler.desktop
/usr/share/applications/qwant-maps-geo-handler.desktop
/usr/share/applications/wheelmap-geo-handler.desktop

ADDENDUM: Other important issues found while packaging:
- Plasma repos still use the same soname as plasma 5 for libraries and the
same minor version in CMakeLists.txt files.

Both are huge issues for package dependencies.

- This also applies to CMake config name. e.g: qqc2-breeze-style still installs
its CMake files into KF5QQC2BreezeStyle.

- plasma-workspace uses QQC1 (plasmacalendarplugins/holidays) and an obsolete
import  (components/calendar/qml/CalendarToolbar.qml imports
org.kde.plasma.components 2.0)

Christophe