On 9 July 2014 04:05, Mario Fux <kde...@unormal.org> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 08. Juli 2014, 17.30:19 schrieb Kevin Ottens:
>> Hello everyone,
>
> Morning

Hi Mario,

>> This is the minutes of the Week 28 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held
>> on #kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.
>
> [snip]
>
>>  * unormal is looking forward to more mac CI results;
>>  * the windows CI is a bit stuck;
>>  * he'd like to see progress on the android CI;

How exactly has the Windows CI gotten stuck? I'm aware that while our
scripts are portable the environment they rely upon does tend to be
quite hostile - especially due to weaknesses in the non-X11 parts of
Qt. It also seems that we may need to shift to some form of
declarative configuration rather than the current INI based setup we
have at the moment. (To be able to accommodate the various other
differences in platforms I did not anticipate)

As a note to all those interested in having various types of builds
being run, we're going to need to shift towards a different method of
configuring Jenkins. The current method isn't sustainable i'm afraid.
We're essentially copying jobs to configure the system at the moment.
Adding other platforms will require using Multi-Configuration jobs,
which means we have to reconfigure from scratch.

Two solutions i've found are
http://ci.openstack.org/jenkins-job-builder/builders.html#builders and
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Job+DSL+Plugin

Help moving the system configuration towards a setup such as one of
the two above would be appreciated.

>>  * he'd like to see a donation button in KDE apps based on KF5 (developers
>> could opt-out);
>>  * he's thinking we should ask third party developers if they want to send
>> us some information when they use a framework to create an app;
>
> There was a small misunderstanding (probably based on my fatigue brain atm).
> Of course this interpretation would be nice as well I meant apps based on KF5
> and to get a channel to our users. Two way:
> - Get to them if we need (financial) support or want to tell them about new
> version or other stuff
> - They send us automatically and agreed upon data about their use of our apps.
>
> [snip]
>
> griits
> Mario

Thanks,