On September 12, 2014 03:19:13 AM Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Sept. 8, 2014, 10:22 p.m., Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Matthew Dawson wrote:
> >     I don't think upstream would be happy with the patch, as it hijacks
> >     the moderator emails (which should link to the admin page) to send
> >     out notifications of when a comment occurs.  There was a suggestion
> >     on how to change the link in the email in a comment above (not a
> >     formal patch), which we could apply locally.  If syadmins don't want
> >     to carry the change locally (which I understand completely), then we
> >     should see about submitting such a feature upstream.
> >
> >     Regardless of whether the change is kept locally, I agree it can be
> >     committed.  I'll throw the ship it switch, since it seems we are all
> >     in agreement.
> Hm, indeed. If someone could prepare such a patch that would be much
> appreciated. Perhaps it is necessary for us to add such functionality?
>

> - Ben
Hi all,

I sat down and learnt some ruby, and came up with this:
https://github.com/phusion/juvia/pull/63 (branch kde_addition in repository
https://github.com/MJDSys/juvia.git ).  This is a more complete patch based
upon the hint from Denis, but I tried to design it to be more useful for
api.kde.org (so it hides user email addresses, for instance).

Let me know if it works for KDE (it seems to work locally on my laptop using
the test email system in RoR), or if any modifications are necessary.
--
Matthew