On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Marko Käning <mk-li...@email.de> wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2014, at 07:52 , Martin Gräßlin <mgraess...@kde.org> wrote:
>> That's not what I meant. I mean we have things like frameworks which require
>> only Qt 5.2, but we also have things like e.g. KWin requiring Qt 5.3 (soon
>> 5.4). This will require two Qt builds, while we currently have only one. But
>> it doesn't require that everything is compiled twice.
>
> ah, okay.
>
> So, how do you organise access to that alternative qt5 version then?
> Would you bring in stg like a qt5_2nd-master_qt5 in order to achieve
> that consistently on the CI system itself?

Unfortunately Martin, due to the way the CI system is designed we
would have to compile everything twice. The setup is explicitly
designed to prohibit any form of version mixing at all.

This would still apply even after the implementation of new scheme for
dependencies and other build metadata.

> Greets,
> Marko

Regards,