Hi, there is some background context in review requests 115752 and 115210
(especially the last comment in this one) , but there was no final
conclusion, so this can be considered a workaround to keep coherent to what
was being done with KDE4 on Windows.

Regarding oxygen, we'd probably change it later into breeze. Oxygen works
fine (Qt fallbacks to ugly win9x when it's not available).

Cheers,
Andrius.