Martin Graesslin wrote:

> NO POLLING!
>
> If you cannot do that on OSX, I really think it's better to not provide it. If
> you think it's unfair that there is a backend for X11 which performs polling,
> then I'm going to delete the XScreenSaver based one.

I'm not adding code that polls, I'm modifying an implementation that polls. I'm
even making it less dependent on frequent polling in its default configuration,
inspired by WidgetBasedPoller.

I'm not touching your Wayland implementation, nor the Xcb implementation, but I
don't see your gripe with changing things in code that is written by someone
else...

If developing KF5 frameworks isn't a democratic endeavour I don't really see
what I'm doing here either.

R.