Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

From what I recall from KDE4, there was at least a KDE -> X resources path in
systemsettings

> without any kde integration available, and I noticed that Qt 5.6 doesn't seem
> to pick up the Gnome font hinting settings.

Re-reading this I'd say there must be a default setting in Qt if it doesn't
respect the X resource values on your Gnome-only system. I take it you checked
if Qt-only applications have the same behaviour?

What Freetype and Fontconfig versions does that OpenSuse Leap system have? I
seem to recall mention of things not getting picked up with the latest version
of Bohoomil's infinality-ultimate project, which could be related (it's based
on
very recent Freetype and Fontconfig versions).

R.