Hi,

There has been some discussion around one of my RRs concerning how to respect
KDE's ShowIconsOnPushButtons and Qt's SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons style
hint.

The ultimate way would be in the style that does the actual drawing, but that
is probably not the one with the smallest overhead.

Until now this discussion focussed on kdelibs4support, but I just learned that
e.g. KMessageBox can also show buttons that have icons despite
ShowIconsOnPushButtons being false. This happens for instance in the dialog
Kate puts up when asked to close a file with unsaved changes.

The dialog in question is a KMessageBox with a few KStandardGuiItems.
In a comparable situation, Qt's own code simply doesn't add the standard icons
to the buttons being created, when SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons is false.

KMessageBox isn't a QDialogButtonBox, but shouldn't it do the same? Would it be
acceptable to remove the icon in the appropriate KStandardGuiItem methods, or
even in KGuiItem, when SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons is false, or
(rather) when ShowIconsOnPushButtons is false?

Regards,
René