> On Oct. 15, 2016, 5:40 p.m., Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Seems you are the first to add translation features to karchive. So some 
> > more things are needed to get translations working:
> > a) adding a script which enables e.g. the bot "scripty" on the KDE i18n 
> > server to extract the strings to translate from the sources, to feed them 
> > into the database used by the translators for their work
> > b) adding code which loads the matching translations at runtime into the Qt 
> > translation system, so any calls to tr() will be properly resolved.
> > c) adding logic to the buildsystem to install any translation files, if 
> > existing (added during packaging builds)
> > 
> > For background information see 
> > https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Build_System
> >  and especially the section 
> > https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Build_Systems#Qt5-only:_Code_using_Qt_translation_system
> > 
> > To get you started, for a) you might want to simply copy from the kcodecs 
> > repo the file src/Messages.sh into the same position in karchive. And for 
> > b) see the link above and https://api.kde.org/ecm/module/ECMPoQmTools.html 
> > which should give you an idea what to do.
> > For c) you add code like this to the toplevel CMakeLists.txt, compare again 
> > to how kcodecs does it:
> > ```
> > if (IS_DIRECTORY "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/po")
> >     ecm_install_po_files_as_qm(po)
> > endif()
> > ```

Thanks for the info. I'll work on it when I have the time.


- Romário


-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129170/#review100021
-----------------------------------------------------------


On Oct. 15, 2016, 3:08 a.m., Romário Rios wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129170/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Oct. 15, 2016, 3:08 a.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for KDE Frameworks.
> 
> 
> Repository: karchive
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> This method is similar to `QIODevice::errorString()`. I added a public 
> `errorString()` method and a protected `setErrorString()` method, to allow 
> `KArchive`'s subclasses to implement their own error messages. I also 
> implemented most error messages from most subclasses.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   autotests/karchivetest.cpp d0fbf41 
>   src/k7zip.cpp 692b1db 
>   src/kar.cpp 7204fb1 
>   src/karchive.h b528a4a 
>   src/karchive.cpp a1a160a 
>   src/karchive_p.h 256620d 
>   src/krcc.cpp 1947dd6 
>   src/ktar.cpp f70b155 
>   src/kzip.cpp 94d4276 
> 
> Diff: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129170/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> I added `QVERIFY` calls after all errors in `karchivetests.cpp`. Perhaps 
> we'll need more tests, but I'm not sure how to make an archive to fail in 
> some specific way aside from the very basics ("file not found", etc.).
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Romário Rios
> 
>

Reply via email to