kfunk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3091#57279, @nalvarez wrote:

  > Meanwhile I'm skeptical of the need to "set it back". Is there any case
where such error dialog boxes would be desirable? It seems like their existence
is an ancient-app-compatibility thing. The documentation for `SetErrorMode`
recommends setting `SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS` at app startup and leaving it that
way.

  I'm using a similar approach as Qt does. If some application decides to use a
different "global" error mode, we should not interfere with it just because
Solid wants to. This is a general purpose library after all.

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: kfunk, #frameworks, brauch
Cc: nalvarez, broulik