leinir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5639#105620, @apol wrote:

  > Won't caching already fix the problem of traffic there? This change adds
quite some complexity (all these QMutex make me cringe, these methods should
always be called from the same thread anyway...)

  That was my initial impression as well, but it turns out that because the
requests go out at the same time, they miss each other (i am not quite sure,
but i think the redirection chain might have something to do with that)... The
first step does seem to not be needed, though, as with the rechecking on the
xml loader which i added after the document cache, the document cache doesn't
seem to ever be hit.

  The mutexes are just to safeguard the QHash access, which isn't thread
safe... However, i think I could likely swap that for a thread-bound global
static, since while the document cache would be completely global, the xml
loader one doesn't really need to be... if i take out the document cache, i can
get rid of those mutexes which certainly do annoy me as well. I will rework
that a bit and see what happens.

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

To: leinir, whiting, apol