kfunk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7187#133358, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > In `ecm_mark_as_test` (which is used in `ecm_add_test`) we already disable
the target if `BUILD_TESTING` is false, why is that not enough?

  Good question. I didn't explain that in the commit message:

  `ecm_add_test` also invokes `target_link_libraries(...)` which may pull in
additionally dependencies if `BUILD_TESTING=ON`.

  Example:

    ecm_add_test(test_svnrecursiveadd.cpp LINK_LIBRARIES
        Qt5::Test Qt5::Gui
    )

  - If `BUILD_TESTING=OFF` & without this patch: We still need Qt5::Test around.
  - If `BUILD_TESTING=OFF` & with this patch: We no longer need Qt5::Test at
all.

  This patch actually makes it pretty easy to get rid off the Qt5::Test
dependency in a whole KDE project without touching lots of CMake code.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

To: kfunk
Cc: elvisangelaccio, asturmlechner, apol, #frameworks, #build_system