On Thursday August 10 2017 09:37:05 David Faure wrote:
>On mercredi 9 août 2017 18:10:12 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>> ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
>
>Debug KProtocolInfo::isKnownProtocol("http") returning false.
>
>KProtocolInfoFactory::fillCache() should find plugins/kf5/kio/http.so and make
>KProtocolInfo return true.

Will do. The http.so binary exists, loads (using a simple dlsym wrapper
utility) and also has what looks to be the proper plugin info according to
qtplugindump.

The annoying thing is that I'm pretty sure I've run into something like this
before but nothing more, esp. not how I solved the situation back then ...

R.