rkflx added a comment.

  Are you sure you are calling updateGeometry() in the right place and that
there are no other places where it should be called? Having a test case clearly
demonstrating the connection between the docs quote and your last sentence of
the summary would be reassuring not only for your reviewers, but also future
contributors working on KSqueezedTextLabel and wondering about the call.

  So, if you already have a case where this breaks for you, extracting a test
would be great. Please rebase and "Depend on"
https://phabricator.kde.org/D7164, if possible at all.

  (OTOH, I'm not really an expert in this area. If someone more experienced
than me is willing to accept this without an autotest, that's fine with me too.)

To: brauch, cfeck, rkflx
Cc: dhaumann, aacid, #frameworks