kossebau added a comment.

  @dfaure @vkrause I was surprised to see those symbols still exported. From
what I remember in this ml thread in 2015 I would have assumed you dealt with
that already:
  https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2015-August/025958.html
  After all that had inspired me to do similar fixes across  a few projects :)

  So was there a showstopper perhaps? I would have assumed that those symbols
of the private classes could be considered just leaked and thus removable,
without breaking any official ABI.

  For effects, I have not measured any linking times or symbol number, due to
no experience how to do that properly. Just can tell that in debug builds the
stripped size shrinks from 1805464 to 1792528 bytes for me, so by 0.77 %. Not
impressive, but small things add up, and this one was easy to do :)

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons

To: kossebau, cfeck, dfaure, vkrause
Cc: #frameworks