safaalfulaij created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is a patch trying to fix the regression caused by an old patch
<https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127843/>.
  Backspace key behavior in all applications acts by removing the diacritics
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacritic> one by one and then remove the base
character.
  For Indic locales this doesn't work, and the whole character should be
removed. This causes a problem in Arabic where we just want to remove the
diacritic and not the whole composed character.

  This patch adds a configuration option that is disabled by default. It's
purpose is to switch between the two modes.
  Enabling it will use the Indic mode, because the default all software uses is
the normal mode.
  For the delete key, the correct way for Arabic is to remove the diacritics as
well, so there is no if statement for it.

TEST PLAN
  KTextEditor compiled normally. Both modes works as expected. No problems
reported about the test while compiling, not sure if it's working right or not.
  (I copied my changes from an older version source code (matching my current
configiration). There might be things I missed when doing that.)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/src/katedocument_test.cpp