fvogt added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7929#174572, @dfaure wrote:

  > That would be the kitemviews framework.
  >
  > But really, fixing QColumnView in Qt is the much preferred way to go.
  >  It sure sounds harder right now, but think longer term...
  >  In the past, any time we forked something from Qt, we ended up spending
even more time upstreaming the changes later. Even more, because the work has
to be redone again, for licensing reasons, except if it's the same person doing
both...

  I see.

  Issue is that:

  - I really dislike the Qt contribution process :-/
  - Nobody seems to maintain this upstream (I expect this to be gone in Qt 6)
and this is probably the only user of QColumnView anyway
  - This introduces breaking changes (both API and behavioural), not sure how
to align those...

  Additionally there are some bugs I found that need to be fixed meanwhile:

  - If the path contains a component that is not included in the KDirModel
(hidden, for example), it breaks
  - Sometimes it's required to click twice on a folder to open it

  Also, there's still the point that dolphin doesn't implement this and likely
never will (if dolphin were using proper QAbstractItemModel it would just work
(tm)...).
  I'm not quite sure what to do here, but it seems to require a lot of work
outside of the actual implementation which I'm not going to to, I'm afraid.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: fvogt, #frameworks
Cc: dfaure, cfeck, dhaumann, ngraham, elvisangelaccio, lbeltrame, #frameworks