kossebau added a subscriber: ltoscano.
kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8728#174635, @dfaure wrote:

  > I agree that those are really KF5 specific and developer-oriented, so
rather unlikely to be e.g. sent by email to other people.

  Okay, so for now not looking into pushing them upstream (too bad we gave up
on "turning every user into a developer" ;) )

  > I'm unsure about mimetypes for special files by name, that seems too
specialized. Mimetypes are for *types* of files, not for each specific file ;)
  >  I mean, Messages.sh is a shell script, that's its type. Its specific
purpose is something else, of course, but still you would use a viewer or
editor for shell scripts to open it (which is the main reason for mimetypes:
app associations).

  But isn't Messages.sh a sub-type to shell-script, as it needs to match some
further requirements, as defined by scripty expectations? And while there might
be no specific viewer/editor/etc as handler assigned, it still a type of its
own as handled by humans (outside of scripty server). So IMHO it is helpful to
also have these files displayed annotated as such in filemanagers/dialogs,
ideally both by icon and type tooltip. With such annotated presentation to
humans for me being another raison d’être for mimetypes :)
  So IMHO "Messages,sh" & Co match things already in shared-mime-info like
"AUTHORS", "COPYING", "CREDITS", "LICENSE", where there also usually is no
specific handler, still it is helpful when browsing files to have these special
files annotated.
  But given @ltoscano's plan to overhaul string extraction, I currently will
not invest more into the scripty-specific file types, would rather first see to
find someone who could find some Qt developer to pursue
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-64435 given this is another set of modern
Qt file types which are badly presented when browsing files in file managers or
IDEs. Any hint who could be motivated there?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: kossebau, #frameworks, dfaure
Cc: ltoscano, ngraham