safaalfulaij added a comment.

  I went through Qt code, as Qt applications are opened with my language
correctly where KF ones (those with QM) don't.
  The whole issue is that we have each locale's translations in a separate
folder (`ar/LC_MESSAGES`, `en/LC_MESSAGES`, `de/LC_MESSAGES`, etc.)
  Qt uses internally `find_translation`
<https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/kernel/qtranslator.cpp#n631>
 which goes through a list of guesses to find the correct language, according
to the LANGUAGE preferences and the locale itself.
  Maybe we can borrow that code and utilize it, that would be much better.

  Thanks for opening this, @wbauer!

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

To: wbauer, #frameworks