ngraham added a comment.

  The scrollbar issue is real, though I don't think scrollbars are as awful as
you do. :-) Something to think about. I could see removing Music and Pictures,
maybe. But Desktop, Documents, and Downloads are heavily used by ordinary
regular users and I think it makes sense to provide links to them in the Places
panel by default.

  This raises a greater question of whether or not it makes sense to have
`KFilePlaces` in Gwenview. Gwenview is an image viewer, and necessarily, the
majority of `KFilePlaces` items are not going to be relevant to pictures. Same
for other apps using it. Even without my patch, this issue will occur for users
who add their own items to the Places panel.

  I feel like the label duplication with the Search For section is a minor
issue, and mostly a red herring. The header is right there, so at least in
English, the implied imperative sentence is quite obvious: "Search for
Documents", "Search for Music," etc. The functions are totally different, and
equally important (and if anything, the functionality gained by this patch is
more important).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, #dolphin