rkflx added a comment.

  @spoorun You make it sound like the sidebar is the only way to access those
folders. That's not true: The file dialog opens in "Home" by default, where you
can directly click on Pictures and the other folders anyway.

  Regarding not adapting the file dialog to mimetypes: That's not how it works
in most apps if you look at the file picker part: It only shows those files
which are supported by the app, e.g. in VLC no odt Documents are shown at all.
If we'd follow your reasoning we should change VLC to show every filetype, so
users have a hard time finding things and get an error if they made a mistake
instead of preventing those in the first place.

  Finally, a screenshot:

  F5690096: KUrlNavigator.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5690096>

  I don't see any header there, so the duplicated entries are plainly
confusing. Also, the list is way too long now (maximum recommended number of
items in lists is 4-5).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, #dolphin