vkrause added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in barcodequickitem.cpp:37
> Is createBarcode a heavy function? It sounds like it could be.
>
> If so I'd recommend using QQmlParserStatus so you don't generate it 4 times
> on startup as each property gets set.

Right, that's cleaner, I'll fix that.

> davidedmundson wrote in barcodequickitem.cpp:113
> you have the actual up-to-date item size from inside paint. Would that be
> better than minimumSize?
>
> Please also change to
>
> img = m_barcode->toImage(size * qApp->devicePixelRatio());
> img.setDevicePixelRatio(qApp->devicePixelRatio());
>
> for high DPI support.

I don't think any of this makes a visual difference here, as the image is
ultimately just a black/white pattern that is scaled with nearest neighbor
scaling anyway, we'd just be moving that scaling around a bit. Results look
sharp here at 1x/1.5x/2x scaling and are detected correctly by the barcode
scanner.

> davidedmundson wrote in barcodequickitem.cpp:131
> You're doing this in the paint, do you need to do this here?

That's an issue with Prison, you only get a valid minimum size after one call
to toImage(). I'll add a comment about that.

REPOSITORY
  R280 Prison

To: vkrause, #frameworks, svuorela
Cc: davidedmundson, michaelh