rakuco requested changes to this revision.
rakuco added a comment.

  @kossebau's right: the problem lies in `lookandfeeltool` depending on
`kcm.cpp`, while the `kcoreaddons_desktop_to_json()` call makes the
`kcm_lookandfeel` target depend on the generation of the json file. It's pretty
easy to reproduce this bug by running `make lookandfeeltool_autogen` with a
fresh build directory.

  > For this very patch, I am still lost on how cmake generates the rules for
automoc stuff, so no clue if switching to an explicit intermediate target
improves something.

  In terms of generated `Makefile`s, without the patch in this review request
we have
`$BUILDDIR/kcms/lookandfeel/CMakeFiles/kcm_lookandfeel_autogen.dir/build.make`
with the right dependencies
(`kcms/lookandfeel/CMakeFiles/kcm_lookandfeel_autogen` depends on
`kcms/lookandfeel/kcm_lookandfeel.json`, which calls `desktoptojson`). With
this patch applied, the difference is that the dependency is moved to
`$BUILDDIR/CMakeFiles/Makefile2`, where
`kcms/lookandfeel/CMakeFiles/kcm_lookandfeel_autogen.dir/all` depends on
`kcms/lookandfeel/CMakeFiles/desktop_to_json_<RANDOM>.dir/all`.
`kcms/lookandfeel/CMakeFiles/lookandfeeltool_autogen.dir/all` still doesn't
depend on anything though, so the bug persists if I run `make
lookandfeeltool_autogen` directly.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: tcberner, #freebsd, mpyne, bshah, dfaure, rakuco