croick created this revision.
croick added a reviewer: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
croick requested review of this revision.
- In Linux recent kernels only allow attaching of processes to a debugger, if
- the right to attach to processes is enabled system-wide
- the debugger is a child process of the debuggee
- or the debuggee grants access by a call to prctl(PR_SET_PTRACER,
debugger_pid, 0, 0, 0);
- also see bug 245529
- If DrKonqi suggests debugging the crashed application with an external
debugger, this right should be transferred to the debugger.
- The patch opens a socket connection which allows DrKonqi to request a
transfer of this right to the debugger.
- try to attach the debugged process to gdb or KDevelop by using the debug
button: operation will not be permitted
- apply corresponding patches to KCrash and DrKonqi D11235
- the process can now be debugged
- after detaching the process again, a backtrace can be created using the
DrKonqi dialog as usual
To: croick, #frameworks