rkflx edited reviewers, added: elvisangelaccio; removed: rkflx.
rkflx added a subscriber: elvisangelaccio.
rkflx added a comment.

  @ngraham The way I understood @elvisangelaccio was that the possibility to
open a folder with another application should stay, but featured less
prominently (i.e. like before). My ping was mainly to get the conversation
going again, because it looked like Elvis' concern was being ignored.

  I would not agree with completely removing that functionality, because it
//is// actually useful sometimes, e.g. for KDirStat/Filelight etc., and has
been a feature even in Konqueror since more than a decade.

  +1 for only showing the Open With menu, without an additional top app. (But
make sure to consolidate the number of separators…)

  @elvisangelaccio Please comment, so we'll know what you had in mind ;)

  ---

  > According to a comment in the code, Open With was never supposed to show up
for folders in the first place, but a bug prevented this from working: the
value of `firstItem.url().isLocalFile()` was also checked, but this always
returns true for local directories, not just local files.

  Are you sure? The API docs say that "A URL is a local file path if the scheme
is "file".", i.e. it also applies to directories. The way I interpret `not very
useful, especially for remote folders`, the way the condition is written and
how it works in reality, is that only for remote folders the entry should be
hidden.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, elvisangelaccio