ltoscano added a comment.

  In D12538#255183 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12538#255183>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D12538#255101 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12538#255101>, @ltoscano
wrote:

  > > Does it work if a newer KIO is used with an older version of those
applications?

  > In Kate's case, it overrides the default save dialog to not handle
overwrite, just using a newer KIO wouldn't help and we would definitely want to
ship that fix before rolling out the KIO change.

  If I understand it correctly if a the current Kate (or other applications
handling the overwrite case) is used with KIO patched with this change, then it
will still work because Kate will handle this feature as before. So a patched
KIO should be released before Kate and then Kate should be fixed and depend on
this newer version. Is all of this correct?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: anemeth, #frameworks, #vdg, ngraham, rkflx
Cc: ltoscano, rkflx, broulik, jtamate, ngraham, #frameworks, michaelh, bruns