alexeymin added a comment.

  Don't know how much offtopic will be what I'm going to say, but I recently
ran into an issue while packaging QQC2 application in flatpak with
org.kde.Platform//5.9 runtime. My app was functioning perfectly fine in system,
but under flatpak it failed to start with the following message: `QWidget:
Cannot create a QWidget without QApplication`. Of course, I had only
QGuiApplication. But I wasn't using widgets! The only class from QtWidgets was
QSystemTrayIcon for a nice integration with desktop. My guess was that was
caused by platform style used in flatpak's KDE runtime may use widgets. But
this was unexpected, without flatpak all was working. In the end I was forced
to use QApplication, and visually saw the style used was ogr.kde.desktop.

  I wrote a small test QML QQC2 program with QGuiApplication and packaged it
with flatpak with the same runtime, surprisingly, it started OK, without any
error message. Basically, QQC2 ApplicationWindow with a button inside, not
linked to widgets. ( https://github.com/minlexx/test_qqc2hello - repo with test
scripts )

  So, if the program is linked to Qt5Widgets in any way, it has to use
QApplication in flatpak's org.kde.Platform even if it does not use widgets? Is
it related to this patch? Will it solve my problem? (if included in flatpak's
kde runtime) đŸ˜„

REPOSITORY
  R858 Qt Quick Controls 2: Desktop Style

To: rjvbb, #frameworks
Cc: alexeymin, davidedmundson, mart, broulik, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel,
ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol