leinir added a comment.

  In D6512#296329 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D6512#296329>, @ahiemstra wrote:

  > T6133 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T6133> suggests that tags are formatted
as "group##key=value" or something similar. Wouldn't it make sense to handle
parsing that format here as well? Or are tags more intended as exact matches?

  The group is more a convenience concept than anything else - i think it'd be
nice to have something to do something with that, but not in this patch (the
"something" needs a more proper definition, and i'd rather not have this
functionality, which we need for the curating work that's being undertaken on
the store, wait any longer than we have to...).

  To answer the specific question, during the matching phase the group##key is
supposed to be considered canonical, and the groupings are more for pairing of
similar content when putting things together. As a random sort of idea, one
might imagine having something like a validator which matches the concept "must
have something defined in group x", but that's why i've done the validators the
way i have, there's nothing stopping us from putting that in when we have a
purpose for the functionality :)

REPOSITORY
  R235 Attica

To: leinir, #knewstuff, apol, whiting, #kde_store
Cc: ahiemstra, ngraham, kde-frameworks-devel, #kde_store, michaelh, ZrenBot,
bruns, akiraohgaki, alexanderschmidt, siyuandong, ronaldv, mikesomov, starbuck,
sebas