safaalfulaij added a comment.

  Great! Now I know why the port to PC3 didn't start :D
  Now to the patch. First, by this we will allow the user to get text under the
icon, which will be impossible to read.
  Second is what I'm here for :)
  The clear button placement and icon should not follow the locale, but the
actual text imh. You can write Arabic in an English system, and vice versa.

  I've made this simple file to explain my point:

    import QtQuick 2.7
    import QtQuick.Controls 2.3
    import QtQuick.Layouts 1.3

    import org.kde.plasma.core 2.0 as PlasmaCore

    Item {
        width: 300
        height: 200

        LayoutMirroring.enabled: true // This value (true or false) shouldn’t
affect anything regarding the Clear button!
        LayoutMirroring.childrenInherit: true

        Frame {
            anchors.centerIn: parent
            width: 200
            RowLayout {
                LayoutMirroring.enabled: false
                anchors.fill: parent
                layoutDirection: textInput.isRightToLeft(0, textInput.length) ?
Qt.RightToLeft : Qt.LeftToRight
                TextField {
                    id: textInput
                    Layout.fillWidth: true
                }
                AbstractButton {
                    contentItem: PlasmaCore.IconItem {
                        source: textInput.isRightToLeft(0, textInput.length) ?
"edit-clear-locationbar-ltr" : "edit-clear-locationbar-rtl"
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

  Whatever the locale is, or the mirroring is, things inside the `Frame`
shouldn't change (well, this won't work fully as the context menu might not get
rendered correctly, but I didn't want to write 4 `if` statments in the
`rightMargin` and `leftMargin` properties, as you can't set it to be absolute.
With mirroring, right is treated as left, and vice versa)

  Results:
  F6148886: Screenshot_٢٠١٨٠٧٢٦_٢٣٥٤١٤.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F6148886>

  F6148887: Screenshot_٢٠١٨٠٧٢٦_٢٣٥٤٢٢.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F6148887>

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

To: ngraham, #plasma, mart, davidedmundson