safaalfulaij added a comment.

  In D14733#306325 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14733#306325>, @bruns wrote:

  > You should start with
  >  a) a use case
  >  b) show it actually matches the needs of different languages.
  >
  > For e.g. englisch and the most european languages, two different positions
are sufficent. Also, the AndListType and the UnitListType are identical. What
is missing is a format where no conjunction is used, i.e. all lists elements
are joined using ', '

  a) Most of the uses I found is in PIM, where day names and people names are
joined for a neat sentence. Maybe even email header renderer could use this.
Other uses: KAlgebra
<https://lxr.kde.org/source/kde/kdeedu/kalgebra/src/kalgebra.cpp#0543> and
KTurtle <https://lxr.kde.org/source/kde/kdeedu/kturtle/src/inspector.cpp#0226>.
Maybe even KMyMoney with the print check function (representing the full text
representation of the amount.)
  Not a very strong use case, yes, but I thought this can be helpful.

  b) I agree with this that most languages use 2 positions only. I prefered to
do what Unicode is doing
<https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-49/tr35-general.html#ListPatterns>
and provide all the three forms they provide, to be in the safe side.
  And you can see in that document all the forms they have. I thought it will
be an overkill to add them all. I've scanned most languages in Unicode and
there isn't any difference between normal and shorter versions.

  If you see that this could be useful, then great, let's develop it. Otherwise
we can just ignore it till we find a good use case.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: safaalfulaij, #frameworks
Cc: bruns, kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham