cullmann added a comment.

  Hmm, actually, that has other issues.
  You can't check errorString().isEmpty() for checking if an error is there.
  I just commited my other patch with the addition of that code (and was to
dumb to run make test)

  e.g. even after constructing a QFile, you already have:

    const KCompressionDevice::CompressionType type =
KFilterDev::compressionTypeForMimeType(m_mimeTypeForFilterDev);
     QScopedPointer<QIODevice> saveFile((type == KCompressionDevice::None) ?
static_cast<QIODevice*>(new QFile(filename)) : static_cast<QIODevice*>(new
KCompressionDevice(filename, type)));

  qDebug() << "lalal file " << filename << "failed with error" <<
saveFile->errorString();

  =

  lalal file  "/home/cullmann/kde/build/frameworks/ktexteditor/jsdklfjsdklffsf"
failed with error "Unknown error"

REPOSITORY
  R243 KArchive

BRANCH