On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 21:44:05 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to ask for review of another Framework from kdepimlibs:
> KF5Syndication
>
> KF5Syndication is an RSS/Atom parsing library. It also provides API to
> fetch
> feeds directly from network.
>
> It's a Tier 3 Framework (depends on KCodecs and KIO). AFAIK it's
> currently being
> used only by Akregator.
>
> I would like to submit KF5Syndication for the standard 2 week review
> period, and if everything is OK, then move it to Frameworks.

Now that 18.08 is done let's finally move this forward.

The KIO dependency has been refactored away, so this is now a tier 2
functional framework.

Unless there are objections we'd like to move KF5Syndication from PIM to KF5
before the 18.12 dependency freeze (ie. in to the KF5 September or October
releases).

Same procedure as with the KF5Holidays move, it's an ABI-compatible drop-in
replacement for what's shipped with 18.08.

Regards,
Volker