abetts added a comment.

  In D15240#319850 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15240#319850>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This strikes me as likely to cause intense frustration. Consider the
following dramatized dialogue between a user and the computer:

  > User: "Neat, I just set up this KDE plasma thing. Let's start seeing what
cool stuff it can do!"
  >  Computer: "Hey hey hey first what kind of KWallet do you want to create?
Technical jargon thingy 1, or technical jargon thingy 2? Huh? Huh? What'll it
be O noble user!?"
  >  User: "Okay, I have no idea, let me cancel out of this stupid thing..."
  >  Computer: "Don't worry I created a thing anyway and chose technical jargon
thingy 1 for you!"

  > Speaking personally, this sort of experience would make me want to put my
fist through the screen.

  > It might be worth stepping back and asking more higher-level questions like:
  >  "Why are users cancelling the wizard? Is it too technically intimidating?"
  >  "Should we even have a wizard at all? Maybe should we create a wallet
automatically by default and let advanced users change its settings or delete
it if they don't like it?"

  I can see this argument as very valuable. I have also been a little startled
by setting this up when you first start using Plasma or create your first
password. I have not seen this in other systems. I know also we care for
security and transparency. Maybe we should reconsider the wizard and use a more
automated approach. Thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R311 KWallet

To: McPain, #frameworks, ngraham