ngraham added a comment.

  So the goal is to be able to turn off indexing for certain files?

  Baloo already has a global toggle to stop indexing anything, and you can also
add folders to the exclude lists.

  But stepping back even farther: //why// do we want to turn off indexing for
certain files? Is it because they might be dangerous? If that's the case, then
we should work on sandboxing the file extractor, not break the functionality.
We never intentionally break our software because it might be dangerous; we fix
the danger, or offer a warning. Our users are adults and prefer to be treated
as such.

  Perhaps we should get some more eyes on D8532: [WIP] Restrict file extractor
with Seccomp <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8532>.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo

To: smithjd, ngraham, #baloo, ltoscano
Cc: ltoscano, marten, bruns, ngraham, kde-frameworks-devel, #baloo,
ashaposhnikov, michaelh, astippich, spoorun, abrahams