astippich added a comment.

  In D16163#342057 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16163#342057>, @mgallien wrote:

  > In D16163#342046 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16163#342046>, @astippich
wrote:

  > > To be on the safe side here: I am allowed to modify private member
functions regarding binary compatibility, right?

  > This page is a very good reference:
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B

  Thanks, I already knew that side, but I tend to ask explicitly in case I
misunderstood something. I really don't want to mess up frameworks :)

  In D16163#342061 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16163#342061>, @bruns wrote:

  > In D16163#342046 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16163#342046>, @astippich
wrote:

  > > To be on the safe side here: I am allowed to modify private member
functions regarding binary compatibility, right?

  > Non-virtual methods do not affect the class layout or the vtable layout, so
you are safe here for sure. `private` or not does not matter.

  Thanks for the explanation!

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData

To: astippich, bruns