sars created this revision.
sars added reviewers: cullmann, Kate, dhaumann.
sars added a project: Kate.
Herald added subscribers: kde-frameworks-devel, kwrite-devel.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
sars requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  visibleRange() has a side-effect that the visible range is updated every time
the function is called. This is a big problem in createHighlights().

  I created a dummy XML file that has an almost 4096 characters long line. I
then used the search plugin to replace >< with >\n< to split the line.

  Without the patch on my computer it took 1 min 30s to split the lines.
  With this patch the time went down to 48s.

  The time is still bad, but much better ;)

  I wonder if the comment on line 3318 "//ensure that the view is up-to-date,
otherwise 'endPos()' might fail!" warns about some corner case that I have not
encountered...

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

AFFECTED FILES