ngraham added a comment.

  In D17167#368727 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17167#368727>, @dfaure wrote:

  > This feels *very* special cased. Where does this automagic ends? Any why
only in $HOME? We'll keep adding entries here forever... Why don't people use a
.directory file for this?
  >  If ~/Games is a de-facto standard, whoever creates it could add a
.directory in there. If it's not, then that makes my point.

  Well, it //is// very special cased. :)

  But I think the better question is whether it's useful or nice to have. The
whole point of this patch is to gain the ability for KIO to automatically set
appropriate default icons for common-but-not-XDG directories that people might
create. Sure, people can already set custom icons for those folders themselves
if they want. It's just a few clicks. This patch simply provides a mechanism
for KIO to make it automatic.

  Have you ever had one of those moments when you go to do something that you
expect to be a manual, multi-step process but the software anticipates what
you're going to do and does it for you? It's those little "aha, I love that
they thought of this!" moments that make people fall in love with software.
That's all this is trying to help facilitate. :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, cfeck, broulik, dfaure
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham, bruns