loh.tar added a comment.

  Just my thoughts:

  - I think there shouldn't be the (default) dictionary changed by some smart
logic. Just hint the user that the setting is not applicable.
  - To set the dict to the system locale seems to me the less smartest trick.
If everybody want such "auto-fix" should then the bad setting investigated and
tried to find some similar setting, e.g. Bad "de_AT_ost" -> "de_AT" -> "de_DE".
Why? Someone may have a locale of "de_DE" but a dict setting "en_US" for
whatever reason. Besides I guess Loader::createSpeller is not only called when
the default dict will loaded. IIRC has Sonnet some functionallity to guess a
language and choose a fitting dict (May that help?)
  - The Config-GUI should show some hint in case of trouble, src/ui/configui.ui
  - Don't overwrite permanently some bad setting with a new value. Perhaps has
the user just set up a new system and only missed to install some package
  - Perhaps should the error message saved in a QString(List), retrievable
later so it can be shown e.g by KTextEditor::Message
  - Perhaps should Loader::createSpeller return some "Error-Helper-Dictionary"
instead of a nullptr, so that Sonnet::defaultLanguage may give something like
"ERROR-de_AT_ost" instead of e.g "de_AT_ost".
  - Accordingly should Sonnet::preferredDictionaries filled with data like
"ERROR-de_AT_ost"/"ERROR-Deutsch (Östereich something)"
  - See also Sonnet::DictionaryComboBox. There should then the error hints are
be visible
  - Take a look at D18125 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18125>, why I think
that may helpful. In the new button should then the hint possible to be shown
"ERROR-foo".

  Not investigated if all of these is needed or possible.

  PS: Typo in SUMMARY "..of the the dictionary.." 2x the

REPOSITORY
  R246 Sonnet

To: ahmadsamir, sandsmark, loh.tar
Cc: pino, kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham, bruns