rjvbb added a comment.

  > The behavior is better now, thanks.

  It's back to what you liked before I started tinkering with font squeezing
(plus a few fixes to the behaviour in side-bars).

  Do you know of other applications that use this widget/mode for/in a
filebrowser side-bar thingy or otherwise in situations where it might have
unexpected behaviour? Neither Dolphin nor KDevelop seem to use.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in kdiroperatordetailview.cpp:296
> This is almost always wrong. Can you explain why you think it's required here?

I didn't think anything, I did what an error message told me.

When I remove the include it comes back:

  [ 78%] Automatic MOC for target KF5KIOFileWidgets
  cd /path/to/build/src/filewidgets && /opt/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_autogen
/path/to/build/src/filewidgets/CMakeFiles/KF5KIOFileWidgets_autogen.dir/AutogenInfo.cmake
 MacPorts
  AutoMoc error
  -------------
    "/path/to/kio-git/src/filewidgets/kdiroperatordetailview.cpp"
  The file contains a Q_OBJECT macro, but does not include
"kdiroperatordetailview.moc"!
  Consider to
   - add #include "kdiroperatordetailview.moc"
   - enable SKIP_AUTOMOC for this file

  make[2]: *** [src/filewidgets/CMakeFiles/KF5KIOFileWidgets_autogen] Error 1

It must be due to the fact that I put the entire KDirHeaderView class
definition into the implementation file, which I did because it's really
private and changes to it shouldn't trigger a rebuild  of a large number of
files that are not concerned by those changes at all
(kdiroperatordetailview_p.h is included by quite a few files).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: rjvbb, ngraham
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham, bruns