bruns marked an inline comment as done.
bruns added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> astippich wrote in propertydata.cpp:80
> This means that multiple entries with the same key get stored as single
> entries in the property map, right?
> This breaks the current behavior in dolphin and baloo-widgets. Merging (or
> more specific D19088 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19088>) must then wait
> until we convert all those data to output stringlists. But I think this code
> will also split up data of stringlists, doesn't it?
> Also, if there are multiple extractors for the same mime type (which I know
> there aren not currently) , which will add e.g. two releaseYear properties,
> these will be converted to a string.

Actually, I am not sure **if** we need the stringlists as a separate type..
What is the difference between multiple strings in a stringlist, and multiple
strings as individual dict entries?

What is the **semantic** difference between the two?

> astippich wrote in propertydata.cpp:83
> Now ints are converted to doubles, which is not fatal, but IMHO also not very
> clean either. But since JSON only knows doubles, this is what we get. Only
> way out in this case is to query PropertyInfo::valueType, and do the
> conversion based on this.

Thats what also happens in the current code.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo

To: bruns, #baloo, #frameworks, ngraham, poboiko, astippich
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, ashaposhnikov, michaelh, astippich, spoorun, ngraham,