dhaumann added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> textcreator.cpp:169
> +
> syntaxHighlighter.setDefinition(m_highlightingRepository.definitionForFileName(path));
> +            const auto highlightingTheme =
> m_highlightingRepository.defaultTheme(KSyntaxHighlighting::Repository::LightTheme);
> +            syntaxHighlighter.setTheme(highlightingTheme);

I saw this review request just now: Using a hardcoded theme is not a good idea.
I suggest to use a solution based on the background color. We have the
following in our example codeeditor:

  setTheme((palette().color(QPalette::Base).lightness() < 128)
      ? m_repository.defaultTheme(KSyntaxHighlighting::Repository::DarkTheme)
      : m_repository.defaultTheme(KSyntaxHighlighting::Repository::LightTheme));

Could a similar approach be used here as well?

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

To: kossebau, broulik, cfeck
Cc: dhaumann, vkrause, cfeck, kde-frameworks-devel, kfm-devel, alexde,
feverfew, michaelh, spoorun, navarromorales, firef, ngraham, andrebarros,
bruns, emmanuelp, mikesomov